How to Join Starbucks Rewards Program & Get FREE Coffee & Treats
1. Get a Starbucks card for the Starbucks Rewards Program (hint: ask for one for your birthday or as a present or grab one from Swagbucks for free!). You can also skip this step and move to step 2 if you use the app as your virtual card. You can also get discounted gift cards at Raise.
2. Sign up for Starbucks Rewards and and register your card online or with the Starbucks app (if you sign up using the link above, you’ll qualify for an ADDITIONAL FREE DRINK just for signing up as long as you accept email offers)
At the base level of the Starbucks Rewards program is the Welcome Level. You qualify for this level just for signing up for the first 12 calendar months. The program is attached to you buying a Starbucks card and loading credit up on it to use to accumulate rewards. You can sign up free, but in order to get the most out of it, you’ll want to order a card or grab one in-store and link it to your account. You’ll earn one star per transaction when you use your Starbucks Rewards card.
Just for Signing Up & Registering a Card!
Welcome Level – 0-5 Stars:
A Free Birthday Beverage
Your choice of one (1) complimentary handcrafted beverage (standard Starbucks menu sizes only), OR one (1) complimentary food item; OR one (1) complimentary ready to drink bottled beverage such as Evolution Fresh™ juice at participating Starbucks® stores in celebration of your birthday. The offer for the free beverage or food item expires the day after your birthday. You must present your registered Starbucks Card to the barista at a participating store in order to redeem your Reward and receive your complimentary birthday item.
Get Free Drinks & BOGO Coupons
Personalized offers and coupons: Special offers may be distributed by email or by physical mail. You must opt-in to receive promotional and marketing offers from Starbucks and provide a valid email, telephone and physical address in order to receive your special offers.
Green Level – 5-29 Stars:
Welcome level rewards PLUS
Free Refills on Coffee & Iced Tea
This might be a big deal if you frequent Starbucks, especially as a spot for free wifi and getting some work done. You could plausibly camp there all day and get free refills. Though, you’d probably be too amped up to get any real work done.
Gold Level – 30+ Stars
Welcome level rewards + green level rewards, PLUS
Free Drink or Food Item after Each 12 Additional Stars
Once you reach the Gold Level, you will earn a free food or beverage item after every twelve (12) additional Stars. You may choose one (1) complimentary handcrafted beverage (standard Starbucks menu sizes); OR one (1) complimentary food item; OR one (1) complimentary ready to drink bottled beverage such as Evolution Fresh™ juice at participating Starbucks® stores; OR your choice of one (1) complimentary tea beverage (standard Teavana menu sizes); OR a complimentary 1-ounce serving of loose leaf tea at participating Teavana® stores. Your complimentary Reward will be automatically loaded onto your account and will be available to you for thirty (30) days.
Starbucks Rewards Tips
- Ask for each transaction to be rung up separately, as each transaction is a star
- Refer your friends for 6 free stars! each, up to 2 per day and 8 per month
Starbucks Savings Tips
- If you use your own cup, you’ll get .10 cents off
- If you buy a venti size, it’s the same as two talls and if you split between yourself and a friend with an additional cup, you’ll save $3-4 between the two of you!
- Want an iced latte? Don’t order it with the milk. Instead order a few shots of espresso and pour the milk or half and half from the condiment bar. If you do this, you’ll save 50% or more on your drink.
- Even if you don’t have Green Star status, you can get coffee or tea refills for $0.50.